Description: Reveals an area of the map for 4 seconds. 70 second cooldown.
- Tied with Smite for shortest cooldown of a Summoner Spell
- Can be used to prevent ganks or check for a Jungler’s progress
- Reveals enemies in bushes near the cast site
- Clears mini map icons for empty creep camps
- Safely check Dragon/Baron for the enemy team
- Cannot be destroyed like Wards
- With the increase in cooldown, has become much less useful at watching the Jungler.
- Only reveals a target location for 4 seconds, unlike a ward’s 3 minutes.
My Opinion: The old Clairvoyance which could be cast once a minute was insanely powerful and preventing successful ganks. Increasing the cooldown from 55 seconds to 70 has ALMOST made it obsolete. While not completely worthless (I would never berate a support for taking it), there are just a lot better options for that Summoner Spell slot.
Things to Remember: Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of the jungler you are up against will greatly aid in your ability to effectively use Clairvoyance.